A great day out for groups
The Museum offers a variety of things to see and do to interest all Groups and Organisations. With 17 historic buildings set in 75 acres of beautiful countryside, animal area and a river trail there is so much to see and enjoy.
We suggest a minimum of 3 hours to visit. Groups wishing to include Abbot’s Hall in their visit may wish to consider allowing for more time.
By pre-booking your visit with your friends, family or society you can take advantage of our special group rates. We are also able to organise a guided tour for your group.
We are happy to arrange group visits at short notice, but we would prefer at least 7 days notice, if possible, for additional requirements before your visit.
Groups of 12 or more paying visitors are entitled to discounted entry:
- Adults: £7
- Concessions: £6
- Children (aged 4 to 16 years old): £3.75
- Children under 4: FREE
- Guided Tours: £25 each (with the exception of Crowe Street tour at £50)
Your Group will receive:
- Discounted admission prices
- FREE all day coach parking
- Introductory talk on arrival
- FREE familiarisation visit for the group organiser
- Guided tours (additional fee)
- A visitor information site map on arrival
We have passenger buggies to assist any group members with access needs or mobility issues. Simply indicate on your group booking form so we can be aware and assist on arrival. We provide wheelchair friendly routes around the museum on our guide map, and Abbot’s Hall is fully accessible with lifts and facilities.
We offer a selection of guided tours (pre-booked only) for groups. Tours last around 45 minutes and are tailored to the groups needs and interests. We have a variety of tours to suit your group, for further information please contact us.
- Abbot’s Hall – An introduction to home and belonging in Stowmarket, Suffolk and East Anglia.
- Home Life – A chance to go back in time and reminisce about homes in times gone by.
- Crowe Street – A unique opportunity see and hear the stories of people who lived and worked on site. (This intimate tour is charged at £50 due to floor loading issues limiting the numbers of visitors. We would need to run multiple tours to accommodate all of your group.)
For groups who are planning to have lunch, or an afternoon tea, on site cafe ‘The Osier’ can meet your needs. Catering for larger groups can also be provided if booked in advance. For further details contact The Osier on 01449 672266.
For further information on educational and school visits, please visit the Educational Visits section.
The Museum has made provision for coaches, allowing a coach to park all day in the designated area. The Museum has a coach entrance, available for pre-booked visits, which can be accessed at the end of Lockington Road. For SatNav systems the postcode is IP14 1BQ.