Looking for something to do in your spare time? Want to get some experience of working in a museum? Interested in history? Want to meet new friends? Like the outdoors?
Try volunteering at the Museum! We have over 100 active volunteers and are always on the look-out for passionate and loyal people to join us.
You can find all of our current volunteering opportunities on Volunteer Suffolk: www.volunteersuffolk.org.uk
- work in a public facing role that help us engage our visitors, e.g. as a ‘meeter and greeter’ in our exhibition rooms
- work on our collection and buildings, for example as a collections researcher or helping us to document our collection
- demonstrate traditional skills and crafts or take part in historic re-enactments
- help us to maintain our 75 acre estate, environment and beautiful gardens
- work with our learning team to engage, excite and inspire our young visitors
- help us to run our events programme, e.g. by being a steward at our East Anglian Living History or serving behind the bar at our Beer and Brewing Festival
Volunteering can provide many benefits and rewards:
- the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and skills through a variety of museum roles and improve your CV
- taking up a new hobby, meeting people and making new friends
- learning about history or heritage skills and crafts
- the pleasure and health benefits of working outside in the Suffolk countryside
- the opportunity to contribute to your community and the satisfaction of helping others and ‘giving something back’